Understanding 1.6 billion people
Islam is very much in the zeitgeist and the center of attention the world over. Yet, this is a religion that many barely know.
INSIDE ISLAM provides an opportunity to better understand this religion though extensive journeys to 15 Islamic countries. The series addresses questions such as what does the word “Koran” mean, who was Allah, how people live their faith in different places, what’s their cultural heritage and how it spread across continents.
We explore various faces of Islam, which enable us to take a new look at one of the oldest and widely practiced religion on earth.
- THE LIFE OF A MUSLIM
- THE MOSQUE, CENTER OF LIFE AND RELIGION
- SHIA MUSLIM, TEARS FROM 1.400 YEARS
- THE KORAN, THE VOICE CALLING ALLAH
- ISLAMIC ECONOMY
- ISLAM MOVES TO AFRICA
- ISLAM OVER THE SILK ROAD
- THE WINDS IN THE CHADORS
- FEZ, PRIDE OF ISLAM IN THE MIDDLE AGES
- SWEET GIFT FROM ALLAH
- BISMILLAH, MUSLIMS DINNER TABLE
- ANDALUSIA, WHEN ALLAH'S LIGHT BRIGHTENS EUROPE
- PEACE, ANOTHER NAME FOR ISLAM