LIVING STONES 2
The wonders of archeology
This second season of LIVING STONES is the half-hour version of THE SECRET OF STONES, an extensive documentary series devoted to the archeological heritage of the Mediterranean and the Middle East.
It unveils the greatest landmarks and the history that presided over their construction, development and ultimate decline. Through findings shared by prestigious archeologists and with the help of CGI, we can finally see and tour these monuments as they were built and revisit the great civilizations of Mesopotamia, Pharaonic Egypt, Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire.
THE SECRET OF STONES also takes us through the cornerstones of History such as the development of mythical cities, the invention of the alphabet or the belligerent crusades.
- GERASA, ON THE GOLDEN RIVER
- MARI, BIRTH OF A CITY ON THE EUPHRATES
- MARI, THE ROYAL METROPOLIS
- THEBES, PRELUDE TO ETERNAL LIFE
- THEBES, A STROLL THROUGH ANOTHER WORLD
- VOLUBILIS, A BERBER CITY
- TRANSJORDAN, FOLLOWING IN MOSES' TRACKS
- THE CRUSADER CASTLES OF TRANSJORDAN
- DELOS, THE CHANGEABLE ISLAND
- DELPHI, THE PRIDE BOOK